Sunday, May 1, 2011

Closet + Office = Cloffice?

Since I don't have a whole room to dedicate to a home office, I decided to turn the closet in my husband's "Man Room" into an office. Since the space is small, I have to stay on top of mail and paperwork to keep it as clutter-free and streamlined as possible. I don't have "before" pictures of the closet (I'm still getting the hang of this!) but I am happy to share the outcome!

Luckily, I was able to stock up on storage boxes on a recent trip to Ikea (the organizational Mother Ship).






I wanted wall pockets for incoming mail and bills, but the run-of-the-mill clear acrylic pockets looked a little too much like they belonged in a doctor’s office (eek!). So, to dress them up a bit, I covered them with adhesive ribbon and a present embellishment from Hallmark. I also added the black ribbon to hang them on the hooks that I had already installed in the closet.




So, there you have it…my little organized oasis right in the middle of the “Man Room”. 




And, I couldn't resist sharing a photo of my cute personal assistant. :)



2 comments:

  1. Love how you refer to Ikea as "The Mother Ship!" SO true! :) Love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! LOVE LOVE LOVE the wall pockets!!!

    ReplyDelete